We’ve finally reached the end of my 2017 favorites! Find out what I thought was the best makeup in 2017!
Disclosure: This post is not sponsored. This post does not contain affiliate links. Two products (Erborian Glow Creme and Avon Super Extend Mascara) were PR gifted, however I was not asked to include them in this post. All opinions are my own.
Have you ever been digging though your makeup for one product only to get completely distracted by another? That’s what happened here. I was searching for ColourPop’s Hustle, intending to do a warm smokey eye, but then I saw Meow, and, well, ’tis the season for glitter, ain’t it? Meow was one of my very first ColourPop eye shadows, and as a cat-lover I pretty much had to have it. It’s a gorgeous shimmery pink/silver/purple tie dye with loads of silver glitter, which is why I don’t reach for it very often. Holy glitterbomb Batman!
I also wanted to try out one of my new lip colors from Ciaté, which I received for Christmas in a cute little trio of minis. So far, I like it, but it does that thing (I know, I know, very sophisticated term) where it starts to go a little patchy if you smack your lips together, kind of like the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams sometimes do. The formula is a thick cream similar to the Ofra liquid lipsticks, but I would definitely say that I prefer the Ofra formula because those feel like nothing on the lips and look a little less dry, whereas with the Ciaté formula, you can definitely feel that you have something on your lips. It didn’t feel drying, just a bit heavy. I like it enough that I would probably purchase more shades, but I don’t see it ever replacing Ofra or Jeffree Star as one of my favorite liquid lipstick formulas.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
- Urban Decay Primer Potion (Sin)
- Urban Decay Cherry
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Metallic Plum
- Smashbox M3 (Full Exposure Palette)
- ColourPop Mixed Tape, Meow [Discontinued]
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (Trooper)
- Maybelline gel liner (Blackest Black)
- Benefit Roller Lash
- House of Lashes Smokey Muse lashes + HOL lash adhesive
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide (Vanillé)
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless (112 Natural Ivory)
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Vanilla)
- Benefit Erase Paste (Fair)
- Benefit Gimme Brow (Light/Medium)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder (Medium Brown), Clear Brow Gel
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
- Physician’s Formula Bronze Booster (Light/Medium)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush (Fanciful)
- Benefit Watts Up
- ColourPop Lippie Primer
- Ciaté London Liquid Velvet (Pin Up)