Farmacy Clean Bee is a foaming gel cleanser with a low pH and tons of beneficial ingredients. Sounds like a dream right? Read about my experience with this cleanser plus an investigation of the ingredients to see if this cleanser might be a good option for your skin.
Disclosure: This post is not sponsored. This post does not contain affiliate links. I purchased this product myself with my own money.
Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra-Gentle Facial Cleanser
Farmacy Clean Bee is a gentle face wash that removes dirt and excess oil without stripping the skin of moisture. It has a pH of 5.6, which is very close to skin’s ideal/natural pH of 5.5. This means that this cleanser is not going to cause the pH of your skin to rise drastically, which can lead to a damaged moisture barrier, acne, dry skin, or overproduction of oil.
Farmacy Clean Bee is packaged in a sturdy plastic bottle with a twist-lock pump, making it excellent for travel. Everything about the packaging feels high quality. The pump dispenses the perfect amount of product, so you don’t have to worry that you’re going to waste product.
Here are some of the ingredient highlights from Farmacy Clean Bee:
- Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Water: This is a fancy way of saying chamomile. It has calming properties and antioxidants.
- Glycerin: awesome for keeping skin hydrated because it helps your skin suck up moisture. It also helps to reduce the flakiness associated with dry skin.
- Echinacea Purpurea Root Extract: this is the ingredient at the core of every Farmacy product, and it’s an often overlooked ingredient in terms of its incredible benefits. It helps to reduce swelling and rid the skin of acne-causing bacteria, as well as providing moisture and helping to reduce wrinkles. Keep in mind, since this is something you’ll quickly wash off of your face, you probably won’t see any change in wrinkles. To get the full benefits of this super ingredient, check out some of Farmacy’s other products.
- Propolis Extract: A hydrating substance made by bees that helps to soothe and heal the skin. It also functions as an antibacterial ingredient, which can help to reduce and prevent acne.
- Royal Jelly Extract: A great source of antioxidants. Some evidence also suggests it can help to treat acne and eczema.
- Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate: An incredible ingredient for keeping skin hydrated.
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract: Marigold, which is beneficial for its ability to heal wounds and reduce inflammation. Plus, it’s also a source of antioxidants.
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract: An antioxidant, anti-inflammatory ingredient that helps to fade pigmentation, especially the type caused by sun damage.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: C’mon, you know this one right? It’s hydrating, anti-inflammatory, and helps to heal skin.
- Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract: Another anti-inflammatory ingredient. Turmeric is also an antioxidant that can help to fight acne and increase radiance.
- Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Flower/Leaf Extract: An antibacterial, antifungal, and antioxidant ingredient that also helps to improve radiance.
- Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil and Lavandula Hybrida Oil: To the best of my knowledge, these are the only ingredients in Clean Bee that may be problematic for some people. While lavender is an anti-inflammatory ingredient, the fragrant aspects of the plant can sometimes cause irritation for sensitive skin. With lavender, the more direct your contact is, the more likely you are to have problems. For instance, applying plain lavender oil to your skin would be more likely to cause irritation that it would be if the lavender was diluted by a bunch of other ingredients like it is here. It’s around the middle of the ingredient list, which suggests there’s not a lot of it in the formula, thus reducing the likelihood of irriation. I haven’t had any problems with this cleanser causing sensitivity, but if you know you’re sensitive to fragrant plant oils, you may want to skip this product.
Farmacy Clean Bee smells like lavender and honey. It’s a fairly strong scent and it’s noticeable the entire time I’m using the cleanser. If you have sensitivities to scent, this could really go either way for you. I know lavender is often used in aromatherapy, so you might consider it a soothing scent. On the other hand, it might be too much for you if you prefer your products to have little or no scent.
Farmacy Clean Bee is a gel cleanser that glides over skin. When it comes in contact with water, it starts to foam slightly. Rinses cleanly with a few splashes of water.
About my skin
My skin is normal to dry, slightly oily in the summer, acne prone, and sensitive to cleansers. Not sensitive overall, just sensitive to cleansers. For whatever reason, many cleansers irritate my skin.
I was really hesitant to try a new cleanser but A) I know it’s helpful for you guys if I have more cleansers I can recommend to you so you can choose what fits your needs the best, and B) I’m an incredibly restless person who likes to try new things literally all the time. Cleanser is one of the most difficult products for me to test because my skin becomes irritated by cleansers very easily, but I felt like my skin was at a point where I could start experimenting with new cleansers again.
For the last year+ I’ve been using Stratia Velvet Cleansing Milk, and it’s been one of the best things I’ve ever done for my skin. I haven’t found many cleansers that are as gentle and hydrating as VCM. The only other cleanser I’ve found that doesn’t make my skin feel dry and irritated is Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, so I was pretty nervous to try something new. I really trust Farmacy’s products though, so if I was going to test the waters with a new cleanser, it was going to be Farmacy Clean Bee. Luckily, my risk paid off and I found a cleanser that I love.
Farmacy Clean Bee makes my skin feel clean and refreshed without being stripped or irritated. It rinses cleanly with minimal effort and doesn’t leave any sort of film behind. This may sound a little strange, but I can’t think of a better way to describe it, my skin just feels healthy when I use this cleanser. It makes my skin smooth, soft, and hydrated, plus it leaves my skin looking glowy in a way that no other cleanser has (thank you turmeric and basil!). The pump dispenses the perfect amount of product every time, and you don’t need much at all, so I believe this will last a long time. This cleanser can even be used to remove light makeup, though I would still recommend that you double cleanse with some form of oil or balm cleanser beforehand for best results. I use Farmacy Green Clean (my fave!) and then Clean Bee to make sure my skin is properly cleansed.
Farmacy Clean Bee is a face wash that’s gentle, but effective. Everything about it is great from the packaging, to the formulation, to the results. It can easily be used by any skin type because it’s not too drying for dry skin, nor too hydrating or greasy for oily skin. The ingredients address a variety of skin problems, the pH is on point, and it’s one of the few cleansers that don’t irritate my skin. Clean Bee cuts through oil more effectively than Stratia Velvet Cleansing Milk does, so if you tried that but felt like it didn’t give you the “clean” feeling you were looking for, try this. Overall, I’m completely in love with Farmacy Clean Bee, and I highly recommend you give it a try.
You might like this if…
- You have skin. Ok I’m kinda kidding, but honestly this cleanser will work for almost every skin type. It’s especially great if you have dry, dehydrated skin, acne-prone skin, or skin that’s frequently inflamed. If your skin over produces oil, this cleanser is also a good fit for you because the gentle, low pH formula will help to stabilize your skin, but will still be efficient enough to rid you of the greasy feeling you develop throughout the day. (I used to have oily skin, so I feel your pain.)
- You want a cleanser you can travel with.
- Most cleansers you’ve tried in the past have irritated your skin, or made you feel like all of the moisture had been sucked from your skin.
- You’re down with a honey and lavender scent.
- Having a low pH cleanser is important to you.
Skip this if…
- You’re allergic to daisies. I know, I know, that was kind of out of left field, right? But if you’re allergic to daisies, there’s also a chance you’re allergic to chamomile, which is in Clean Bee. Sooo best to avoid this if you think it might cause an allergic reaction.
- The lavender scent might cause headaches for you, or you just hate the smell of lavender.
- Your skin is sensitive to fragrant plant oils.
Thanks for reading!
If you found this post helpful, do a friend a favor and share it! It also puts a huge smile on my face 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like Maelove The Glow Maker Review
Want more? Come hang out with me on Instagram @hey_itscristine. You can also find me on Twitter and Pinterest (spoiler alert: it’s mostly food). Don’t forget to follow the blog so you can stay up to date with new posts! Check the sidebar for all of the ways you can stay in touch with me!