Today’s look uses Makeup Geek blushes to define the crease and one of the MUG foiled eye shadows, High Wire, on the lid. I wanted to do something that was both colorful and festive, without going the traditional route of reds, greens, and golds. This would be a fun look for New Year’s Eve if heavy, smokey looks aren’t your thing. Full details are down below. I hope you’re enjoying your Sunday!
- Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer—Smoothing
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide (vanillé)
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NC 15)
- Benefit Erase Paste (fair)
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (10 + 15 mixed)
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
- ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Smokin’ Whistles)
- Makeup Geek Blush (Spell Bound + Secret Admirer mixed)
- ColourPop Lip Primer
- NYX Lip Pencil (Dolly Pink)
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (Anarchy)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion (original)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder (medium brown)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (Trooper)
- Makeup Geek Eye Shadow (Sorbet, Creme Brulee, High Wire)
- Makeup Geek Blush (Spell Bound + Secret Admirer)
- Applied UD Primer Potion all over the lid.
- Added a light dusting of MUG Sorbet to the crease to take away some of the stickiness from the primer and to help the other colors blend.
- Mixed MUG Spell Bound + Secret Admirer and began to build this up through the crease and along the outer corner, creating a soft wing shape.
- Next, I added a very small amount of MUG Creme Brulee to the top edge of the outer corner and blended a little bit of Sorbet over the edges to create a seamless transition.
- Then, I applied High Wire all over the lid with a densely packed flat eye shadow brush, following the shape of the line I had previously created with the blush, and softly blended the edges together.
- Finally, I lined my upper lash line with Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner in Trooper to darken the lash line, and applied two coats of Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara top and bottom.